OCC Packing Party
Saturday, November 18, 2017
Important: This event has already occurred.
- 6:30PM - 8:30PM
Come one, come all!
Join us at 6:30pm, Saturday November 18th in the Gym to help pack Shoeboxes for Samaritan's Purse, Operation Christmas Child! Thanks to our awesome VBS kids we have LOTS of items to get started with!
This year's goal is 300 boxes!
If you are unable to attend we would be happy to add your donations of:
- Ball pumps - we have had a generous donation of 100 soccer balls - pumps to send along to refill them would be greatly appreciated!
- Funds towards Shipping Costs: $10/box is needed ~ please make cheques payable to Samaritan's Purse
- School Supplies - Items such as pens, pencils, pencil crayons, note pads, and picture books
- Hygiene Items - Items such as: facecloth, toothbrush, comb, and soap. Please place soap in a sealable bag or plastic soap dish
- Small Toys & Other Gifts - Items such as: stuffed animals, small musical instruments, hair clips, toy jewelry, t-shirts, and socks
PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Decks of standard playing cards (other card games such as UNO are allowed)
- Food or candy: Including gum (due to customs regulations)
- Used items (due to customs regulations)
- Toothpaste (due to customs regulations)
- Liquids or items that could leak, melt, freeze, or break - Shampoo, creams, lip balm, bath gels, mirrors, or glass, etc. (these can damage other items in the shoebox).
- Items that can scare or harm a child - War-related toys, knives, and toy guns, etc.
November 19th ~ Dedication Sunday...all boxes MUST be returned by this date. Thank-you!
- 60+ group
- all welcome
- boys club
- girls club
- parenting & grand-parenting
- sturgeon valley kids
- young adults
- ladies morning out
- ladies evening out
- mens ministry