March 13, 2020
Dear SVBC Family:
This past week, we have seen several extraordinary events associated with the spread of the COVID-19 virus. I, along with our church Leadership, have been monitoring developments. We aim to provide a healthy and safe environment for you to participate in our church community while following the lead of our country and province’s health authorities.
We are aware of the Alberta Chief Medical Officer’s announcement cancelling all gatherings of 250 people and over on Thursday, March 12. Currently this does not apply to schools, malls, airports or places of worship. We want to take extra precautions to ensure we do all we can to provide a safe environment for those who choose to attend this upcoming Sunday.
To that end, we are implementing the following changes for this weekend:
Preparation for Sunday
- We have purchased and mounted new automated hand sanitizers at strategic locations in the church.
- Bathroom doors will be propped open so users do not have to touch the door handles.
- Greeters will not shake hands of those entering the church.
- We will not have our coffee/tea ministry on Sunday.
- We will put up Alberta Health “Stop the spread” posters to remind everyone of healthy protocol.
- All teachers need to remind participants to use hand sanitizers or wash hands. Coughs and sneezes should be covered in your sleeve or crook of arm not your hands.
During the Worship Service
- We will do a general welcome from the front and have no official greeting time.
- Instead of passing offering plates, we will place offering plates at the front of the sanctuary/balcony and givers can drop their gift into the plate.
- We will move the interpreter to the center of the platform so they are visible for our livestream service.
- If you are sick please stay home.
- Wash hands frequently.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Avoid touching your face.
- For those unable or choosing not to attend, we will livestream the platform of the service. You can find it on the “WATCH LIVE” by CLICKING HERE.
- Please note that you can continue your giving online by clicking on the tab “Give” near the top of the website.
- The Deacons meet Tuesday evening to finalize our pandemic protocol and preparedness.
- We will communicate any future decisions regarding events or worship services through Facebook and the church website.
God is in control. We want to be a beacon of His hope and calm to one another through this time. Let us encourage one another and support others around us through this time of uncertainty.
Thank you and may God bless you and yours.