Do you have a passion to develop a biblical culture of worship within a local body of believers? Are you a gifted musician who enjoys leading, equipping and empowering others for ministry in the area of worship? If you answered yes, then we have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you.
Sturgeon Valley Baptist Church is currently seeking a Worship Director to lead our congregation in vibrant biblical worship. We are a fellowship of warm, friendly people who have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and who are committed to the Bible as God’s infallible word, to Jesus Christ as our Divine Lord and Savior, to the Church as the body of Christ, to the priesthood of all believers, to the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and His fullness for Christian life and service, and to spiritual maturity as the goal of our church fellowship.
Reporting to the Senior Pastor, the Worship Director is responsible for the planning and leading of all worship activities and Sunday services, including special services. The Worship Director will develop creative, innovative, and relevant worship consistent with SVBC Philosophy of Worship. See ‘On Worship’ Document by clicking here.
- Enhance and continue to develop a biblical culture of worship within our congregation.
- Responsible for leading, development, recruitment and training of worship and audio-visual teams.
- Encourage and develop A/V technicians and musicians for musical competence and excellence.
- Effectively manage and support these various teams in the execution of their responsibilities.
- Initiate and support growth in worship in ministries such as Choir ministry and Children’s ministry.
- Preference given to those with a related undergraduate degree in worship ministry, music or equivalent experience
- Proven effectiveness in worship ministry
- Proven ability in common instrumentation along with strong vocal abilities
- Ability to encourage and develop people, both spiritually and musically
- Strong oral, presentation and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with both churched and un-churched people
- Strong MS office skills
- Experience with organizational coordination software (e.g. Planning Center) preferred
- Ability to work well independently as well as a member of multiple integrated teams
- Ability to multi-task and manage issues in parallel
We are seeking a candidate with a personal walk consistent of a maturing believer in Christ and agreement to Sturgeon Valley Baptist’s Statement of Faith. For more information regarding our Statement of Beliefs please click here.
Job Type: Part or Fulltime Position
Resumes may be forwarded to the church office at the email address below or dropped off at the church front reception area.
Sturgeon Valley Baptist Church
51 Woodlands Road
St. Albert, AB T8N 3Y5
Email: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Open
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.