- Saturday, November 16, 2019
- 4:30 - 7:00 pm
- Save to your Calendar
Come one, come all!
Join us anytime between 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm, Saturday November 16th in the Gym to help pack Shoeboxes for Samaritan's Purse, Operation Christmas Child ~ young & old, all are welcome!
This year's goal is 400 quality boxes: we're asking the congregation to specifically donate toothbrushes &/or funds towards shipping ($10/box). As of Wednesday, November 13th we have 181 Toothbrushes (goal is 400) & $2700 in shipping funds (goal: $4000). Please let us know if you have sent a cheque directly to Samaritan's Purse or donated on-line towards SVBC Shipping so we can add the amounts to our total. THANK-YOU!!
If you are able or unable to attend we would be happy to add your donations of (in order of need):
- Hygiene Items - Items such as: facecloth, toothbrush, comb, and soap. Please place soap in a sealable bag or plastic soap dish. DO NOT INCLUDE: Shampoo, toothpaste or anything liquid.
- Funds towards Shipping Costs: $10/box is needed ~ please make cheques payable to Samaritan's Purse & place in the Church Office Mail Folder
- Ball pumps - we have had a generous donation of 100 soccer balls - pumps to send along to refill them would be greatly appreciated!
- School Supplies - Items such as pens, pencils, pencil crayons, note pads, and picture books are always needed!
- Small Toys & Other Gifts - Items such as: stuffed animals, small musical instruments, hair clips, toy jewelry, t-shirts, and fun socks too.
PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Decks of standard playing cards (other card games such as UNO are allowed)
- Food or candy: Including gum (due to customs regulations)
- Used items (due to customs regulations)
- Toothpaste (due to customs regulations)
- Liquids or items that could leak, melt, freeze, or break - Shampoo, creams, lip balm, bath gels, mirrors, or glass, etc. (these can damage other items in the shoebox).
- Items that can scare or harm a child - War-related toys, knives, and toy guns, etc.
November 17th...Dedication Sunday ~ all boxes MUST be returned by this date. Thank-you!