Click here for Economic Help Information.
For Alberta Health Information click here.
March 20, 2020
Preparing for Sunday, March 22 Worship Service
Hi everyone: In our attempt to continue ministry amidst our new reality, we will send out a new update each Friday about our Sunday Services. It will include necessary news and ways you can participate in Sunday's service. Here's this week's update
- We will have ASL Interpretation of the Sermon on Sunday - It will be split screen feed. One camera focusing on the platform, the other on the interpreter.
- Children's Follow-Along Resources - Can be obtained from Holly until 5:00PM today (Friday) at [email protected]. She will email the resources to all registered families today. You can also download the resources at the bottom of this post in the 'Downloads' section.
- Sermon Outline / Bulletin - You can download the bulletin (now) and sermon notes (Sunday) from the bottom of this post in the 'Downloads' section. You will also find instructions there on how to fill out the sermon notes online if you so desire
- Giving - We realize that this is a tremendously stressful time for many of you in the financial area. We understand giving patterns will change significantly in this time. For those still able to give, please use our online "Give" tab on the website, mail in your cheques, or you can drop by the church and use our debit machine during office hours (Tue-Friday: 9:00AM-4:30PM).
- Invite - Some of your friends, neighbours, or family may have no community connection at this time.
- We encourage you to tinvite them to join the Live Stream on Sunday
- They can also join our SVBC Facebook group for community connection (SVBC Group)
- If they're struggling and need someone to talk to, encourage them to call the church (780-458-3777) and we will have one of the pastors get back to them
- Live Stream Chat / Prayer - Pastor Justin will be overseeing a live chat during the service. If you would like to comment, express your praise to the Lord in some way, or visit with other congregants, please join our live chat to the right of the service feed on Sunday on our official Live Stream website (SVBC Online Church Link). There is also a prayer button in the bottom right hand corner of the service feed. Please press this button and Pastor Justin will be notified that you are requesting prayer. To access our Live Stream website, press the link listed above, or press the "Watch Live" tab from our home page.
- PT Meme - Children & Youth - Miss Holly will be giving away a $25 gift card to Dairy Queen or some other cool place for the best PT Meme from this Sunday's live stream. Make your meme and post it on the church Facebook page (SVBC Group), or send it to the church email ([email protected]). The staff will be judging and announce the winner early next week!
We hope you can join us this Sunday at 10:45AM!
March 19, 2020 – 4 PM
Hi SVBC family:
As you are all well aware, this past week we have seen changes in the world as we know it, not just day by day, but hour by hour. In light of this, the SVBC Leadership (Elders and Deacons) met Tuesday evening to make decisions for us here at SVBC. These decisions will be revisited in one month’s time.
- Effective immediately, all Ministry gatherings & events are cancelled. This includes all bookings & outside user groups as well.
- Leadership is recommending any off-site Small Groups, Bible Study groups etc. switch to an online option opposed to meeting in someone’s home.
- We are currently undergoing a disinfection process here at the church & therefore ask unless absolutely necessary, please do not enter the building.
- Services will be Livestreamed at our regular Sunday Service time (10:45 am). We are doing our best to add ASL & will be communicating with the Deaf Community once we know more.
- Pastor Justin & Miss Holly are working to communicate information for Youth & Children’s Ministries.
- All Volunteer Visitation has been suspended until further notice. Pastors will continue to visit with family permission unless the Alberta Government states otherwise.
- Leadership is postponing our Spring Congregational Meeting until we can gather again or set up an online meeting.
Most importantly, please know that we are thinking of you and miss you. The Staff regularly gather for prayer (while remaining a safe distance apart). Please don’t hesitate to call in prayer requests or use the Prayer Chain – [email protected].
Tomorrow we will provide some resources and information to help you and your family prepare for Sunday’s service Livestream. We hope you can join us. We also encourage you to invite friends or neighbours who have no community to watch on Sunday to receive encouragement and hope.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.